25,2MWe BIOMASS PLANT | Sant'Agata di Puglia (ITALY)
This plant consists of a boiler with high steam generation capacity and maximum flexibility fuelled by cereal straw and wood, both stored and managed inside the plant itself.
The plant meets the strictest environmental requirements since it is equipped with one of the most advanced flue gas treatment systems, complete with NOx reduction (SNCR, SCR) and a CO catalyst, a reactor for neutralization of acid pollutants, dioxins and furans uptake as well as a particles-capturing bag filter, this way achieving the lowest emission levels.
The combustion takes place in a water cooled vibrating grate, with high speed and temperature air injection, resulting in a high efficiency boiler.
The strength of our equipment guarantees the maximum availability of the plant while the simplicity of our designs guarantees a high degree of reliability, as well as easy operation and maintenance.
The steam boiler and ancillaries have been integrated in a building, also within the scope of the works, where all the systems are coordinated in order to reduce interferences and unnecessary costs, resulting in a compact, efficient and minimum-cost implementation for the end client.
This plant is owned by AGRITRE, is located in the province of Foggia (Italy) and uses about 160,000 biomass tonnes per year for a generation of about 180 million kWh per year, enough to meet the electricity needs of about 75,000 people.
This turnkey project mainly consisted in:
- The biomass transport and feeding system.
- The steam boiler and its ancillaries.
- The flue gas treatment system and stack.
We carried out the following activities:
- Basic and detailed engineering for the construction.
- Technical specification and procurement of all materials and equipment.
- Modular manufacturing for a faster erection.
- Installation of all equipment and ancillaries.
- Commissioning and testing.
- Documentation and technical assistance for the legalization.
- Theoretical and practical training of plant operation personnel.